Uniswap Labs Trademark Guidelines
Uniswap Labs distributed the open source Uniswap protocol (versions 1, 2, and 3) and distributes other software. While our code is in part available to download, review, and improve under open-source and source-available software licenses, none of our licenses include a license to use our trademarks. Proper use of our trademarks is essential to inform users whether or not Uniswap Labs stands behind a product or service. When using Uniswap Labs’ trademarks, you must comply with these Uniswap Labs Trademark Guidelines. Just like other projects that develop open source software, we must enforce our trademark rights to protect our users.
This policy covers all of our trademarks and services marks, whether they are registered or not, including, among others:
Our word trademarks and service marks: UNISWAP®, UNI™, and UNISWAP LABS™ (”Uniswap Labs wordmarks”).
Uniswap Labs logos.
If you want to report misuse of a Uniswaps Labs trademark, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may do the following without receiving specific permission from Uniswap Labs:
- Use Uniswap Labs wordmarks in text to truthfully refer to and/or link to unmodified Uniswap smart contracts, protocols, interfaces, programs, products, services and technologies (”Uniswap software”).
- Use the Uniswap Labs wordmarks to truthfully describe modified versions of Uniswap software that you may create or make available. For example, you may say ”This software is derived from Uniswap software.” or ”This service uses software derived from Uniswap software.”
- Use the Uniswap Labs logo in software or aggregators that integrate with Uniswap software to truthfully refer to, and, where possible, link to the applicable Uniswap software hosted on the Ethereum blockchain.
- Use Uniswap Labs wordmarks to clearly signal to users that there is no affiliation with or endorsement by Uniswap Labs.
- Follow the terms of the open source licenses for Uniswap software.
When allowed, how can I use a Uniswap Labs trademark?
- You must include a trademark attribution notice at the first or most prominent mention of the mark on a webpage, document or documentation, such as: ”[Uniswap Labs trademark] is a trademark of Uniswap Labs.”
- You may not change the logo except to scale it. If the logo is used, you must give the Uniswap Labs logo adequate spacing from the other elements on the webpage or document to ensure legibility and reduce the likelihood of confusion.
- You must always use the wordmarks in their exact form and with the correct spelling, neither abbreviated, hyphenated, nor combined with any other word or words.
- You must always use the Uniswap Labs wordmarks only as an adjective, never as a noun or verb, or in plural or possessive forms.
- Instead, use the generic term for the Uniswap product or service following the trademark.
- For example: Uniswap protocol, Uniswap interface, Sybil website.
All other uses of a Uniswap Labs trademark require our prior written permission. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Some specific things you should not do include:
- Don’t use our trademarks in anything dishonest or fraudulent.
- Our name is not your name. Don’t use Uniswap Labs trademarks in the name of your smart contract, interface, business, product, service, app, domain name, publication, or other offering.
- Don’t use our name for your products. Don’t apply Uniswap Labs trademarks to any product (e.g., a mobile app), unless such use is limited to a truthful and descriptive reference (e.g., ”Mobile App for trading on Uniswap interface”).
- Don’t overemphasize our mark. Don’t display Uniswap Labs trademarks more prominently than your product, service, or company name.
- Don’t create or use confusingly similar names. Don’t use Uniswap Labs trademarks, logos, company names, slogans, domain names, or designs that are confusingly similar to Uniswap Labs trademarks, particularly in the name of your smart contract, interface, business, product, service, app, domain name, publication, or other offering.
- Don’t imply our sponsorship of your products. Don’t use Uniswap Labs trademarks in a way that incorrectly implies affiliation with, sponsorship, endorsement, or approval by Uniswap Labs of your products or services.For example, please do not name your project compatible with Uniswap software Uni-[Something] or [Something]-swap.
- Don’t imply our sponsorship of your activities. Don’t use Uniswap Labs trademarks and logos, or confusingly similar trademarks or logos on social media accounts in a way that might suggest affiliation with Uniswap Labs or Uniswap software; except if you’ve received prior permission from Uniswap Labs. For example, you cannot name your account, page, or community ”Uniswap Protocol” or ”Uniswap Team.” However, it would be acceptable to name your account, page, or community ”Fans of Uniswap” or ”Information about Uniswap”.
- Don’t create swag with our marks. Don’t use Uniswap Labs trademarks on merchandise for sale (e.g., selling t-shirts, mugs, etc.) unless you have permission from Uniswap Labs.
- Don’t change or combine our marks. Don’t modify Uniswap Labs trademarks, abbreviate them, or combine them with any other symbols, words, or images, or incorporate them into a tagline or slogan.